Day visit tickets
All tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, non-amendable and not for resale. Tickets purchased are only valid on the date printed on the ticket. Tickets may not be valid for special events which may attract a separate admission fee. Tickets will only be exchanged if The Howletts Wild Animal Trust, in its absolute discretion, chooses to do so.
Tickets purchased online cannot be used with any other discount or promotional offer.
Please see our current ticket prices:
Tickets purchased online are valid for the specified date and park only. You will receive an e mail confirmation of your ticket. Remember that you must bring your printed ticket or mobile ticket with you on the day of your visit to be admitted to the park. Failure to do so may affect your entry to the park. Tickets purchased online may be upgraded to the Howletts or Port Lympne or Dual Park Season Ticket or Membership on entry to the park, subject to an additional charge.
It is the responsibility of the purchaser to check that all information supplied for the purchase of online tickets or memberships is correct prior to completion of the purchase. Failure to do so may result in additional charges at the entry kiosk or voiding of the ticket.
Entry to Howletts or Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks will only be granted on presentation of a valid print at home or mobile ticket. All printed tickets must be clearly legible and it is the responsibility of the purchaser to present and relinquish them on entry to the parks.
Any additional visitors accompanying an online ticket purchaser will be charged the standard entry fee.
Proof of entitlement is required at the entry kiosk for certain ticket types e.g. students.
Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks reserve the right to refuse entry and to make any changes to the structure of the parks.
Safari at Port Lympne is subject to availability on a first come first served basis.
Please note that children aged 16 or under must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over to gain entry to the park.
Opting out of gift aid
Visitors will be admitted upon payment of the Standard Tariff if they choose not to contribute the additional 10% voluntary donation.
Children under 3 years are admitted free to Howletts & Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks.
Children aged 16 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks reserve the right to refuse admission.
Dogs and other pets are not permitted to the park. Please do not leave your dogs in the car. We recommend that you make alternative arrangements for your pets before visiting.
As parts of Port Lympne are quite steep, we offer reduced admission for disabled guests and have selected routes for wheelchairs. Please ask for advice. This discount is not available with online tickets.
One free carer will be admitted with a disabled guest when purchasing a day ticket or the carer can purchase a concessionary annual pass which can be passed to any carer who accompanies the disabled person on any visit. One free carer will be admitted for a single day visit when a disabled guest purchases a concessionary membership.
Our parks are very different from conventional zoos. The animals, which include rare and endangered species, are able to live and breed in conditions as close to their natural habitat as possible. This can mean that when the weather is inclement some of our animals will seek shelter in their indoor enclosures, which are always open to them but not on view to the public and you may wish to consider this when planning your visit.
Please do not feed the animals as they receive strictly controlled diets and you may cause them harm.
Please do not bang on windows at exhibits or climb on or cross the safety barriers.
In the interests of safety barbeques, balls, balloons, scooters, bikes, rollerblades or skates are not permitted in the parks.
Howletts & Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks reserve the right to alter or cancel any events, presentations or feeding times without notice if required. Visitors are reminded that any advertised exhibits, attractions or facilities may be closed, removed, altered or otherwise unavailable at any time for safety, operational or animal welfare reasons.
All tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, non-amendable and not for resale. Tickets purchased are only valid on the date written on the ticket. Tickets may not be valid for special events which may attract a separate admission fee. Tickets will only be exchanged if The Howletts Wild Animal Trust, in its absolute discretion, chooses to do so.
At Port Lympne and Howletts we have large enclosures, designed with the animals in mind. We let the animals choose if they want to be seen by the public and we never shut the animals into ‘viewing’ areas.
In certain weathers, many of the animals will choose to take shelter in their indoor sections, or seek shade in the foliage of their surroundings. With this in mind, please note that we do not offer refunds, even if visitors feel they have not seen a certain amount of animals.
Pre-booked tickets are covered by our Wet Weather Policy. We do not offer refunds for inclement weather for tickets purchased on arrival or affiliate/promotional tickets.
Aspers Casino Aspire Loyalty Club Members
50% off the purchase of a Howletts or Port Lympne Membership is valid for members of the Aspers Casino Aspire Loyalty Club only.
Please present your Aspers Aspire Loyalty Club card at the gatehouse to redeem the offer.
ID (in the form of a passport or driving licence) may be requested to check that the person redeeming the discount is the registered member on the card, signature check.
50% offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions.
Membership terms and conditions apply.
Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded unless the event is cancelled. Each member of the audience must possess a valid ticket.
Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over.
Howletts & Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks reserve the right to refuse admission and to make changes to the event without prior notice.
No dogs are permitted within the parks. Please make alternative arrangements for your dogs and do not leave dogs in your car.
We reserve the right to amend, cancel or postpone events at short notice and advise that you call the main reception on 01303 264647 to check before you visit. No commercial filming, recording or photography of any kind in any media is permitted without permission of Howletts & Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks.
1. Gift vouchers for experiences must be taken before the expiry date stated on the voucher. Extensions of expiry dates may be given at the discretion of a representative of Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks, this may incur a £20 administration fee.
2. Gift vouchers are non-refundable.
3. Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks are under no obligation to replace or refund gift vouchers that are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed whether they have been redeemed or not.
4. Vouchers re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain will be void.
1. Please note all animal experiences have a minimum age limit. Proof of age may be required. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a full paying adult aged 18 or over (excluding our Keeper Academy experience).
2. When the duration of the experience is mentioned, this is an approximate indication and may differ on the day of your experience.
3. Please note that direct contact with animals is not guaranteed on any of our experiences.
4. Please note a reasonable level of fitness is required to take part in our Keeper for a Day experiences.
5. Experience bookings are non-refundable and non-transferrable, unless there are extenuating circumstances.
6. Under extenuating circumstances (and at the discretion of a representative of Howletts or Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks) the date of your experience may be changed. Changes are subject to availability and may incur a £20 administration fee.
7. Only in extenuating circumstances (and at the discretion of a representative of Howletts or Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks) will refunds be provided. All refunds are made to the card the experience was purchased with.
8. Extenuating circumstances include serious ill health, bereavement, jury services, mechanical breakdown or severe travel delays. Proof may be required. Please note that extenuating circumstances do not include holidays or other non-emergency commitments.
9. Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks reserve the right to ask any participant to leave the parks should they behave in an inappropriate or unsafe manner; no refund shall be given.
10. Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks reserve the right to refuse those who do not wear suitable clothing, no refund shall be given.
11. Regrettably, certain guests will be unable to take part in certain experiences including people with relevant phobias or known allergies, pregnant women and immunocompromised individuals. Please contact us before booking so we can advise.
12. Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate those with a disability or learning difficulty, due to practicality and health and safety this cannot always be achieved; please contact us for advice before booking.
13. It is your responsibility to inform us if you have any medical condition that we should be aware of, in order to ensure your safety. Failure to disclose this information may mean that you will be unable to participate in the experience on the day and no refund will be given.
14. Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks reserve the right to alter the experience on any given day due to animal welfare, extreme weather conditions or changes to the animal collection, but will, where possible, replace the activity with a similar one.
15. Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks reserve the right to change or cancel any dates for reasons such as extreme weather conditions or animal welfare issues and will endeavour to inform you as soon as possible. The Howletts Wild Animal Trust cannot cover travel, accommodation or any other associated costs.
16. Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks reserve the right to cancel your experience if you arrive more than 10 minutes after the start time. In this situation your experience will not be rescheduled, and no refund will be given. Please note that time may be deducted from your experience in the event you are late.
17. The price of your encounter DOES NOT include entry to Port Lympne Reserve or Howletts Wild Animal Park UNLESS you are an overnight guest of Port Lympne Hotel and Reserve OR a Member (excludes season ticket holders). If you are not an overnight guest of Port Lympne Hotel and Reserve or a Member, then a valid day entry ticket will also need to be purchased either on arrival at the gatehouse or online 24 hours in advance of your visit.
Blue Peter Badges
To gain free entry, Blue Peter badge holders with a valid badge card must be accompanied by a full paying adult (full paying and concessionary adult tickets are acceptable. Excludes Membership and Season Pass). If a paying adult is accompanied by two children with badges and valid badge cards, free entry will be given for both children. A child who is a Blue Peter Badge holder with a registered disability can gain free entry with their carer - the carer will be admitted at the concessionary rate with a valid PIP or DLA letter.
Additional animal experiences, VIP safaris and Treetop/animal adventure challenges are not included.
Tesco Clubcard Vouchers
Tesco Clubcard vouchers are accepted at Howletts Wild Animal Park only, not valid at Port Lympne Reserve.
You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for a Reward Partner code – we (the supplier) do not accept Clubcard vouchers.
Partner codes cannot be used in food outlets or shops. They can only be used against single visit admission and cannot be used for special events and/or shows and does not apply to and is not redeemable against group bookings, the Howletts, Port Lympne or Dual Park Membership or season tickets. Visitors under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult aged 18 or over. A token is not a pre-booked ticket. No change is given from partner codes. They cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme, promotion or for any “buy in full” reward. Howletts Wild Animal Park reserves the right to refuse admission.
Partner codes are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode. All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard Reward Partner scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the Tesco and Clubcard websites.
Unused, expired and redeemed partner codes issued after 13th August 2012 cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.