Day visit tickets
All tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, non-amendable and not for resale. Tickets purchased are only valid on the date printed on the ticket. Tickets may not be valid for special events which may attract a separate admission fee. Tickets will only be exchanged if The Howletts Wild Animal Trust, in its absolute discretion, chooses to do so.
Tickets purchased online cannot be used with any other discount or promotional offer.
Please see our current ticket prices:
Tickets purchased online are valid for the specified date and park only. You will receive an e mail confirmation of your ticket. Remember that you must bring your printed ticket or mobile ticket with you on the day of your visit to be admitted to the park. Failure to do so may affect your entry to the park. Tickets purchased online may be upgraded to the Howletts or Port Lympne or Dual Park Season Ticket or Membership on entry to the park, subject to an additional charge.
It is the responsibility of the purchaser to check that all information supplied for the purchase of online tickets or memberships is correct prior to completion of the purchase. Failure to do so may result in additional charges at the entry kiosk or voiding of the ticket.
Entry to Howletts or Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks will only be granted on presentation of a valid print at home or mobile ticket. All printed tickets must be clearly legible and it is the responsibility of the purchaser to present and relinquish them on entry to the parks.
Any additional visitors accompanying an online ticket purchaser will be charged the standard entry fee.
Proof of entitlement is required at the entry kiosk for certain ticket types e.g. students.
Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks reserve the right to refuse entry and to make any changes to the structure of the parks.
Safari at Port Lympne is subject to availability on a first come first served basis.
Please note that children aged 16 or under must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over to gain entry to the park.
Opting out of gift aid
Visitors will be admitted upon payment of the Standard Tariff if they choose not to contribute the additional 10% voluntary donation.
Children under 3 years are admitted free to Howletts & Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks.
Children aged 16 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks reserve the right to refuse admission.
Entry to Howletts or Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks will only be granted on presentation of a valid print at home or mobile ticket, Season Pass or Membership card. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to present their valid form of admission on entry to the parks. Season Pass and Membership is not transferable and the card holder must be present. A £5 administration fee will be charged for lost or damaged Season Pass or Membership cards.
Dogs and other pets are not permitted to the park. Please do not leave your dogs in the car. We recommend that you make alternative arrangements for your pets before visiting.
As parts of Port Lympne are quite steep, we offer reduced admission for disabled guests and have selected routes for wheelchairs. Please ask for advice. This discount is not available with online tickets.
One free carer will be admitted with a disabled guest when purchasing a day ticket or the carer can purchase a concessionary annual pass which can be passed to any carer who accompanies the disabled person on any visit. One free carer will be admitted for a single day visit when a disabled guest purchases a concessionary membership.
Our parks are very different from conventional zoos. The animals, which include rare and endangered species, are able to live and breed in conditions as close to their natural habitat as possible. This can mean that when the weather is inclement some of our animals will seek shelter in their indoor enclosures, which are always open to them but not on view to the public and you may wish to consider this when planning your visit.
Please do not feed the animals as they receive strictly controlled diets and you may cause them harm.
Please do not bang on windows at exhibits or climb on or cross the safety barriers.
In the interests of safety barbeques, balls, balloons, scooters, bikes, rollerblades or skates are not permitted in the parks.
Howletts & Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks reserve the right to alter or cancel any events, presentations or feeding times without notice if required. Visitors are reminded that any advertised exhibits, attractions or facilities may be closed, removed, altered or otherwise unavailable at any time for safety, operational or animal welfare reasons.
All tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, non-amendable and not for resale. Tickets purchased are only valid on the date written on the ticket. Tickets may not be valid for special events which may attract a separate admission fee. Tickets will only be exchanged if The Howletts Wild Animal Trust, in its absolute discretion, chooses to do so.
At Port Lympne and Howletts we have large enclosures, designed with the animals in mind. We let the animals choose if they want to be seen by the public and we never shut the animals into ‘viewing’ areas.
In certain weathers, many of the animals will choose to take shelter in their indoor sections, or seek shade in the foliage of their surroundings. With this in mind, please note that we do not offer refunds, even if visitors feel they have not seen a certain amount of animals.
Pre-booked tickets are covered by our Wet Weather Policy. We do not offer refunds for inclement weather for tickets purchased on arrival or affiliate/promotional tickets.
Aspers Casino Aspire Loyalty Club Members
50% off the purchase of a Howletts or Port Lympne Membership is valid for members of the Aspers Casino Aspire Loyalty Club only.
Please present your Aspers Aspire Loyalty Club card at the gatehouse to redeem the offer.
ID (in the form of a passport or driving licence) may be requested to check that the person redeeming the discount is the registered member on the card, signature check.
50% offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions.
Membership terms and conditions apply.
Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded unless the event is cancelled. Each member of the audience must possess a valid ticket.
Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over.
Howletts & Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks reserve the right to refuse admission and to make changes to the event without prior notice.
No dogs are permitted within the parks. Please make alternative arrangements for your dogs and do not leave dogs in your car.
We reserve the right to amend, cancel or postpone events at short notice and advise that you call the main reception on 01303 264647 to check before you visit. No commercial filming, recording or photography of any kind in any media is permitted without permission of Howletts & Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks.
1. Gift vouchers for experiences must be taken before the expiry date stated on the voucher. Extensions of expiry dates may be given at the discretion of a representative of Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks, this may incur a £20 administration fee.
2. Gift vouchers are non-refundable.
3. Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks are under no obligation to replace or refund gift vouchers that are lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed whether they have been redeemed or not.
4. Vouchers re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain will be void.
Experience, Safari and Encounters
- Our Agreement
- A contract (our agreement) is formed when we receive the required payment and you have received a confirmation. This will be deemed to be 24 hours from the systems automated booking confirmation. If you do not receive a confirmation within this timescale, please contact us immediately. Required payment means the full amount due for your experience. Our agreement incorporates the entire portfolio of the services or products we offer, the confirmation and this agreement (which we sent to you following your telephone booking or which you accepted online at the time of booking). Our agreement with you binds you, (the person named on the confirmation), and all members of your party, including children and any day visitors. You must ensure that all members of your party are aware of, and accept, all of this agreement. Our agreement continues until the last member of your party has left the property.
- Our Animals
- As one of the most successful organisations involved in the conservation of a wide range of endangered species, the welfare of our animals is of the utmost importance to us. Their behaviour may also be unpredictable; therefore, you should never enter (including extending a hand, arm, foot, leg or other bodily part) into an animal enclosure unless by prior arrangement and under the strict supervision of an animal keeper or ranger.
- Our animal enclosures are constructed in accordance with strict safety requirements and our operating procedures are assessed independently every year. In the very unlikely event that an animal may present an exceptional risk to our guests or staff, we have specific contingency plans which will be activated. In those circumstances, staff will provide you with directions and advice, which must be followed at all times.
- We have our own vets operating at the reserve at all times. If you see an animal(s) which you believe has become injured ill or distressed, do not intervene yourself. Notify a member of staff as soon as possible and they will arrange for the prompt attendance of a member of our veterinary team.
- We reserve the right to increase secondary boundary distances due to the welfare needs of our animals or other safety purposes.
- We reserve the right to make amendments at any point to the experience for animal welfare or safety purposes.
- No external animals, including guide dogs, are permitted on the premises.
- General Terms
- All animal experiences have a minimum age limit. Proof of age may be required. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a full paying adult aged 18 or over (excluding our Keeper Academy experience).
- Please ensure the experience is suitable for the age(s) of any children in your party. If the experience is suitable for all ages, children aged 0-2 do not need to pay but must have a ticket. Please contact 01303 264647 or email@example.com to add a complimentary infant ticket.
- The price of an experience DOES NOT include entry to Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve or Howletts Wild Animal Park UNLESS otherwise stated, or you are an overnight guest of Port Lympne Hotel and Reserve, or a Member / Season ticket holder. If you are not an overnight guest of Port Lympne Hotel and Reserve or a Member, then a valid day entry ticket will also need to be purchased, either on arrival at the gatehouse or online 24 hours in advance of your visit.
- Additional guests without a valid ticket will not be permitted on the experience.
- When the duration of the experience is mentioned, this is an approximate indication and may differ on the day of your experience.
- Direct contact with animals is not guaranteed on any of our experiences.
- Experience bookings are non-refundable and non-transferrable (refer to Amendments & Cancellations)
- Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks reserve the right to ask any participant to leave the parks should they behave in an inappropriate or unsafe manner; no refund shall be given.
- Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks reserve the right to refuse those who do not wear suitable clothing, no refund shall be given.
- Regrettably, certain guests will be unable to take part in experiences, including people with relevant phobias or known allergies, pregnant women and immuno-compromised individuals. Please contact us before booking so we can advise.
- We make every effort to ensure our range of experiences is as accessible as possible, however due to the nature of our working environment, regrettably we are unable to accommodate everyone. Please contact us for advice on any special requirements before booking.
- A full safety briefing is conducted prior to the start of your experience. Failure to follow these instructions will result in being removed from the experience.
- It is your responsibility to inform us if you have any condition that we should be aware of, in order to ensure your safety. Failure to disclose this information may mean that you will be unable to participate in the experience on the day.
- During a safari, you must remain in the vehicle at all times, unless your guide informs you otherwise.
- Do not attempt to touch or feed any of the animals whilst on a safari.
- Do not at any time climb over any enclosure standoff barriers or try and feed any of our animals, unless as part of a keeper-supervised encounter. Any torches or light-emitting devices are prohibited to be directed into any enclosure
- Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks reserve the right to alter the experience on any given day due to animal welfare, extreme weather conditions or changes to the animal collection, but will, where possible, replace the activity with a similar one.
- Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks reserve the right to change or cancel any dates for reasons such as extreme weather conditions or animal welfare issues and will endeavour to inform you as soon as possible. The Howletts Wild Animal Trust cannot cover travel, accommodation or any other associated costs.
- Late arrival beyond the start time will be deemed as a no-show. In this situation, your experience will not be rescheduled, and no refund will be given.
- Guests must be at the correct meeting point / departure location 15 minutes prior to the start time.
- All experiences are shared with other guests unless otherwise stated.
- Food and drink cannot be consumed during safaris or experiences.
- Smoking / vaping is not permitted while on safari or during an experience.
- Face coverings are required to be worn for the duration of any experience that entails proximity to gorillas, primates and felines.
- Staff withhold the rights to refuse attendance to the experience involving Gorillas, Primates or felines if they believe a guest is displaying cold or flu symptoms, the guest will be invited to rebook for an alternative date.
- All guests are advised to wash their hands after coming into contact with any animal area. Guests are advised against touching their lips, eyes or face whilst in these areas.
- All cuts, abrasions or bites which occur during your visit, no matter how small, must be treated and covered immediately and will require medical attention and a log of the incident placed in the company’s accident book.
- If at any point during your experience, you feel uncomfortable or begin to feel unwell, please inform a member of staff immediately.
- It is the responsibility of the guest to highlight any part of the experience that they feel will be too uncomfortable or difficult for them to undertake.
- Howletts/Port Lympne accepts no responsibility for any loss and/or damage however arising whilst on our premises.
- Howletts/Port Lympne will endeavour to ensure that you are not exposed to any unnecessary risks during your time with us, but we will not be held liable for any injury caused by any elements of your experience. We cannot take responsibility for any injuries sustained during experiences when health and safety rules are breached. Our endangered animals have the potential to be dangerous and cannot be guaranteed to behave in a predictable manner. Please ensure you listen carefully to health and safety information delivered at the beginning of your experience.
Amendments & Cancellations
- You may change your booking with us for any reason, provided the change is made 14 days or more before your start date. If you change the date of your booking, the cancellation terms are based upon the original booking date. Each change is subject to availability and an amendment charge to cover our administration costs. You may only change your start date once, and you must select your new start date at the point of requesting the change, otherwise the change will be treated as a cancellation and charges will be applied.
- We have the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse to confirm any booking. Where we have indicated that we will not accept a booking from you or accept your presence at our properties, we reserve the right at our sole discretion to cancel any booking you may have made or refuse to allow you to enter our properties or to ask you to leave our premises. If we do so, we will refund any payment made but will not pay any compensation. We have the right to cancel your booking, or to instruct you or your party to leave the Reserve immediately, without compensation or refund, should you or any of your party not comply with this agreement.
- Experience bookings are non-refundable from the point of booking, unless there are extenuating circumstances. These include serious ill health, bereavement and jury services. Proof may be required. Please note that extenuating circumstances do not include holidays or other non-emergency commitments.
- All experiences are non-refundable from the point of booking.
- If you are unable to attend your booking, we will allow a modification of the name / attendees up to 24 hours prior to the start date.
- Cancellations received for short break bookings by the reservations team are not accepted as notification of cancellation for an experience. It is the guest’s responsibility to inform the experience team.
- In the event of an accidental or duplicated purchase, we must receive notification within 24 hours of purchase to cancel or amend this purchase. After this period, normal terms and conditions apply.
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure our parks are a safe place for our guests. We ask for your cooperation and you to exercise some personal responsibility in the following circumstances by:
- Take particular care not to do anything which might cause a fire - dispose of cigarettes responsibly.
- Do not enter or attempt to use any facility that is closed.
- Do not under any circumstances enter an animal enclosure unless authorised to do so and accompanied by one of our animal keepers or one of our rangers.
- In the event of an animal escape, please be prepared to be taken to a place of safety. You must ALWAYS comply with the instructions of our Reserve staff at all times.
- Be aware of the movement of service vehicles operating across the reserve, particularly when they are passing groups or young children.
- Our properties cover an extensive natural area. If, whilst moving around it, you observe any potential hazards, please report these to a member of staff as soon as possible.
- Social distancing rules may be in effect during your stay.
- Children’s supervision and parental responsibility
- Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. This is particularly important in all children’s play areas, in licensed areas, close to waterways, viewing our animals, and when in close proximity to large service vehicles. Adults leading parties with children who do not appear to have reasonable supervision of, or control over, the children’s behaviour may be asked to put appropriate arrangements in place or to leave the relevant facility. Children’s activities are unsupervised unless otherwise stated.
- It is our policy to investigate any incident or allegation of concern or assist any proper enquiries about a child in our care and to refer the matter to an appropriate external organisation should we consider it necessary/appropriate.
- There must be at least one adult over the age of 18 participating in an experience (unless otherwise stated).
- Buggies or push chairs are not permitted on our Safari Experience or on some animal encounters; a suitable buggy park is provided for your use whilst participating in these experiences. We reserve the right to remove the child buggies / push chairs from our traditional offering.
- Photography and Image Rights
- We encourage visitors to take and share photos while enjoying their park visit. All images and video taken by guests and patrons are allowed free of charge, provided the images are used only for personal, non-commercial use. For the welfare of our animals and your safety, it is essential that visitors respect the barriers and warning signage around both sites. Any visitor witnessed bypassing barriers, hanging over enclosures, including the use of selfie sticks or other equipment, risks being ejected from the site with no refund being given. The sale of photographs, digital images or video recordings for profit can only be done with prior permission (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Before posing for images with members of our staff, or where they might be potentially compromised by an image taken of them, please be mindful to ask for their consent first. To protect the privacy of our staff, use of continuous recording devices such as body cams or GoPro cameras is not permitted.
- If we authorise the capture of still or video images, we retain the intellectual property rights in such circumstances, and reserve the right to claim a percentage of the sale of images in such circumstance. We also reserve the right to prevent the publication of any such image used in a manner that might unreasonably portray a false representation of actual events or be detrimental to the reputation of The Aspinall Foundation, the Howletts Wild Animal Trust and Howletts and Port Lympne Estates Ltd.
- We may commission professional photographers, film crews and the media to carry out photography and/or video recording on the Reserve from time to time, which may feature guests. You will not intentionally be included in any pictures or video footage of this type unless you are happy to do so. If you believe that your image has inadvertently been taken without your consent, please make it known to those responsible to arrange for your image to be redacted.
- Any person found to have contravened any part of the above clauses will be required to leave the reserve, no refunds will be given, and we reserve the right refer the matter to a court of law.
- Acceptable Behaviour
- Offensive, violent or aggressive behaviour or language towards our staff, other visitors on site, or our animals will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to remove from the park, without any right to a refund, any person whose presence or behaviour may affect the enjoyment and/or safety of other guests or staff, or the welfare of our animals. We also reserve the right not to accept any future bookings from that person or any member of their party.
Blue Peter Badges
Blue Peter badges are valid at Howletts Wild Animal Park only and are redeemable on the day of your visit (not available online) alongside a fully paying adult. Port Lympne Reserve will no longer accept blue peter badges from the 1st April 2022.
To gain free entry to Howletts Wild Animal Park, Blue Peter badge holders with a valid badge card must be accompanied by a full paying adult (full paying and concessionary adult tickets are acceptable. Excludes Membership and Season Pass). If a paying adult is accompanied by two children with badges and valid badge cards, free entry will be given for both children. A child who is a Blue Peter Badge holder with a registered disability can gain free entry with their carer - the carer will be admitted at the concessionary rate with a valid PIP or DLA letter.
Additional animal experiences, VIP safaris and Treetop/animal adventure challenges are not included.
Tesco Clubcard Vouchers
Tesco Clubcard vouchers are accepted at Howletts Wild Animal Park and Port Lympne Reserve.
You must exchange your Clubcard vouchers for a Reward Partner code – we (the supplier) do not accept Clubcard vouchers.
Partner codes cannot be used in food outlets or shops. They can only be used against single visit admission and cannot be used for special events and/or shows and does not apply to and is not redeemable against group bookings, the Howletts, Port Lympne or Dual Park Membership or season tickets. Visitors under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult aged 18 or over. A token is not a pre-booked ticket. No change is given from partner codes. They cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, scheme, promotion or for any “buy in full” reward. Howletts Wild Animal Park reserves the right to refuse admission.
Partner codes are not transferable and will be issued with the name shown on your Clubcard vouchers and may be printed with your postcode. All standard Tesco.com and Clubcard Reward Partner scheme terms and conditions apply, these can be found on the Tesco and Clubcard websites.
Unused, expired and redeemed partner codes issued after 13th August 2012 cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.