Closing Date: 24th March 2023
Salary: Up to £35,000 DOE + Excellent Benefits
Paid overtime, plus service charge (TRONC)
At Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve we are recruiting a Sous Chef to work in our newly refurbished flagship Garden Room Restaurant. With a seasonal changing menu using fresh and robust flavours, championing local ingredients and produce from local suppliers and our kitchen garden.
Who we are looking for:
An ambitious Sous Chef with a real passion for cooking. Previous experience within a fast paced, fresh food kitchen will be essential. You will assist the Head Chef in the supervision of the overall day to day kitchen operation and develop and create seasonal dishes using produce from our kitchen garden. You will also work closely with front of house managers and teams in order to deliver exceptional customer service.
Working 45 hours a week, five days out of seven, which may include day shifts, evenings, weekends, school holidays and bank holidays. Permanent contract. Paid overtime. A reliable form of transport would be essential due to the remote location of Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve is a world-renowned wild animal park set within 600 acres of Kentish savannah. The Reserve is home to some of the world’s most rare and endangered animals and offers luxury short breaks accommodation, free roaming animal safaris, once-in-a-lifetime animal encounters and exquisite dining experiences. Most importantly, every one of our employees is part of real conservation in action and their efforts have contributed to animals such as black rhino and western lowland gorillas being returned to their natural habitats in collaboration with our partners at The Aspinall Foundation.
Why you should join us:
As well as walking to work surrounded by the calls of Howler monkeys and roars from our pride of Lions, you will also join a supportive team who are passionate about their place of work.
You can also expect a host of other benefits including:
• 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays, rising with length of service.
• Comprehensive training and development opportunities, including workshops and e-learning
• Enhanced Sickness, Maternity and Paternity Policies.
• Unlimited free entry for you and a person of your choice into both of our parks as well as friends and family tickets.
• Exceptional discounts on food, retail and accommodation at our parks.
• Numerous retail discounts and access to a 24-hour counselling line through our Healthy Extras Scheme.
• And many more length or service-related rewards and Benefits.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to- firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.