Closing Date: Monday 11 July 2022
Salary: £25,000.00 - £26,500.00 DOE per annum + Excellent Benefits
Full Time, Permanent position
We are currently seeking a Deputy Head of Housekeeping to join our fast-paced housekeeping department, where no two days are the same.
Reporting to the Head of Housekeeping, the successful candidate will liaise with the Housekeeping Administrator to ensure accommodation units and associated surrounding public areas, are cleaned, and maintained to the highest standards.
The Deputy Head of Housekeeping will manage the Housekeeping Supervisors and Housekeeping Assistants to ensure standards are met and delivered within set timeframes. The successful candidate will ensure all units are ready for check in; including making sure room browsers are in place, mini bars are stocked, special requests are in place, TV welcome screens are operating, and all maintenance issues have been addressed. ‘Opera’ will also need to be updated efficiently with room status for all rooms, facilitating early check-ins wherever possible.
- Allocate supervisors and housekeeping assistants to each area of responsibility, ensuring they are fully briefed on the job list and necessary tasks
- Visit and inspect each area of responsibility, checking standards are met in the premium lodges, ensuring supervisors are checking standards in other lodges and rooms
- Visit and inspect standards of cleanliness and maintenance of public areas surrounding accommodation units; including reception areas of the hotel, the treehouse clubhouse, communal guest areas and private garden areas of the premium lodges
- Understand and implement the SOPs for the areas of responsibility and ensure the team understand and adhere to these
- Understand and implement standards of presentation and conduct for the team; including ensuring uniform standards are followed, sufficient uniform is available, the team meet and exceed standards of customer service and interaction and work effectively together as a team
- Responsible for reporting and following up on maintenance issues in your areas of responsibility
- Assist the Head of Housekeeping in carrying out team appraisals and performance reviews
- Ensure teams carry out required basic vehicle and safety checks prior to using vehicles and equipment
- Assist the Head of Housekeeping with the recruitment process
- Assist the Head of Housekeeping with co-ordinating special projects (opening of new accommodations) and special events (Christmas settings)
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a senior housekeeping role
- Experience working in a hospitality environment and experience of managing a team
- Clear understanding of SOPs, implementation and development
- Health and safety awareness
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft package (Word, Excel, and Microsoft outlook)
- Good written and verbal communication
- The ability to maintain accurate records
- Excellent attention to detail
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Excellent time management
- A team player prepared to help others and work together to meet the business needs
- Logical thinker, problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations
- A Full valid driving licence (essential)
Working hours are 40 hours per week, worked five days out of seven, which can include weekends and Bank Holidays. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK. A reliable mode of transport is recommended due to our remote location.
A full job description is available on request.
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (Pro-rata to start date and working hours)
- Free entry into both of our parks for you and a person of your choice, plus additional park tickets for your friends and family
- Discounts on our accommodation, food and retail products
- Uniform provided
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Access to our Healthy Extras Scheme, which includes access to Counselling Services, Doctor Line and Retail Discounts
- A Healthcare Cash Back Plan and added annual leave related to length of service
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Onsite parking
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.