Working in the UK
Howletts and Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks are renowned for high standards of animal welfare and captive breeding for endangered species.
We are world leaders in breeding western lowland gorillas and we have seen 147 born in our Parks to date. We are proud of our achievements so far, some of which are listed below...
- The first successful captive birth in Britain of a Javan Gibbon in 1982
- We have celebrated the first ever Honey Badger born in captivity in 1973
- Howletts houses the largest herd herd of African Elephant in the UK
- We are Europe's largest breeders of Clouded Leopards & Fishing Cats
- We have celebrated over 41 Eastern Black Rhino births in 41 years at our Parks
We are proud to house so many rare and endangered species across our parks. We aim where possible return them to the wild where we continue to protect and conserve their species from exticntion.
Howletts Wild Animal Park houses:
2 species that are Extinct in the Wild.
8 Critically endangered species
12 Endangered species
Port Lympne Reserve houses:
1 species that is Extinct in the wild
8 Critically Endangered species
13 Endangered species
We are proud to be registered with the UK’s Fundraising Regulator.