20% off glamping adventures this spring!
Be one of the first to stay in the new look Bear Lodge and save 20% off selected midweek dates in April, May and June 2021 with code FLASH2021
The new safari-inspired furniture and decor will bring even more glam to your 2021 glamping season! Sleeping up to 8 with a private decking area, ensuite facilities and onsite restaurant and play area, Bear Lodge is ideal for families and groups looking for adventure in the great outdoors.
Book with confidence
You can be 100% confident that your money and your plans are protected with our new covid booking guarantee, offering a no-hassle date change or free cancellation and a full refund.
Meet the neighbours
In deepest, darkest...Port Lympne, you'll find real-life Paddington Bears! The popular children's book character was based on the spectacled bear. Named for the distinctive markings around their eyes, these striking bears live on mountain slopes in Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Venezuela, Argentina and Colombia. You can see our resident bear pair Rina & Oberon in their paddock below Bear Lodge.Find out more
White rhinos are the third largest land mammals, after African and Asian elephants. There are two subspecies of white rhino, unfortunately rampant poaching has left only 2 females remaining of the northern subspecies. Southern white rhinos occur in just four countries: South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, and Kenya. Thanks to conservation efforts, the southern white rhino is the only subspecies of rhino not classified as endangered. Zuko & Kifaru live opposite the spectacled bears in view of Bear Lodge.Find out more
South American Experience
Bear Lodge offers spectacular views across the reserve and out to the Kent coast, but closer to home you'll spot Brazilian tapirs, vicugna, and capybaras roaming freely on the South American Experience next door to the spectacled bears.
Spend your days exploring the 600 acre reserve and spot over 900 rare and endangered animals. Take a safari ride, visit our landscaped gardens and maze and even step back in time when you visit Dinosaur Forest! There's plenty to keep you entertained during your stay.
Where to eat
From family favourites and authentic Italian cuisine to fine dining and traditional roasts, you’ll find something for everyone at our variety of on-site restaurants. We use only the finest, locally sourced ingredients accompanied by local wines and Kentish brews.
Bear Lodge Clubhouse
The Clubhouse Restaurant located at the centre of Bear Lodge offers a selection of family favourites, right on your doorstep!
The Garden Room
The beautifully restored Garden Room (originally the mansion’s stable yard), serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our seasonal menu, crafted by Executive Chef Lee Edney, presents laid-back, unpretentious British plates packed full of flavour and quality ingredients.
Babydoll's Wood Fired Pizza
Set within beautiful Mediterranean gardens, Babydoll’s wood fired pizza restaurant offers authentic Italian cooking in an informal setting.
Upgrade your experience
Get even closer to your favourite animals with our range of animal experiences for all ages, including keeper experience days, special feeds and animal encounters where you could even get to hand feed the animals! For a more relaxing experience, book a safari with our expert rangers who will guide you to the very best spots to view the more elusive species and get a closer look at some of your favourite animals!
Terms & Conditions
20% OFF stays at Bear Lodge
- Valid for new Bear Lodge bookings made for selected midweek dates in April, May and June 2021
- Offer valid only through online bookings with use of the promotional code FLASH2021
- Subject to availability and NOT valid with any other promotion
- The above rates are subject to availability. The number of rooms available is limited, and can be amended or withdrawn at any time
- Cancellation conditions apply
- All prices are subject to change and the price is only guaranteed at the time of reservation
- Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve standard booking terms and conditions apply
- Covid booking guarantee: Our new Covid Booking Guarantee offers no-hassle date moves or free cancellation and a full refund to guests in the following circumstances: 1. If we cancel your break. 2. If you are unwell with covid-19 symptoms and/or have a confirmed case or if you are required to isolate by NHS Test and Trace.
- See full terms and conditions