Spinosaurus settles in to Dinosaur Forest
Port Lympne Reserve is thrilled to announce the latest spine-tingling arrival into the Dinosaur Forest - the Spinosaurus. True to life at 18 metres long and 1.6m tall, it is sure to attract dinosaur lovers and excited families around the UK to this ever-expanding journey through the ages.
Visitors can download the Port Lympne App in the IOS app store for free ahead of their visit, which will then bring the dinosaurs to life in the forest at specific augmented reality points. The kids will love it!
On arrival, travel through three acres of natural woodland and discover over 100 life size, anatomically correct dinosaurs. Meet the Dinosaur Ranger and as you walk through the forest you’ll learn amazing facts about the prehistoric world. Become a Palaeontologist as you dig for fossils and don’t forget to visit the Dinosaur Forest shop to take home a souvenir of your memorable day.
- Spinosaurus means Spine Lizard
- The enormous ‘sail’ on their back grew to about 1.65m tall
- Their length was up to 18 meters – that’s about the length of two double decker buses
- King of the meat eaters - the largest carnivorous dinosaur
- They lived in the Cretaceous period and its arch enemy was the T. Rex
- Weighing up to 20 tons – that’s about three elephants!
Download our Spinosaurus fact sheet!
Now proudly positioned in the Dinosaur Forest the Spinosaurus is ready to set hearts racing.Dinosaur Forest