Get up close and personal
Join one of our expert keepers as they introduce you to the animal of your choice – learn interesting facts, feed where possible and enjoy behind the scenes access as you immerse yourself in our amazing animal world. The perfect gift for animal lovers, our 15-30 minute group animal encounters can bring you face to face with some of the most iconic and endangered species including critically endangered western lowland gorillas, black rhino, lemurs and other primates, big cats and more.
Saturdays, Tuesdays & Thursdays at 2pm. Sunday & Monday at 12pm. Duration: 30 minutes. Minimum age: 7. Price: £85 per person.Book now
Black Rhino Encounter
Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11am. Duration: 30 minutes. Minimum age: 7. Price: £75 per person.Book now
Meet the white rhinos
Saturdays, Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays at 12pm. Duration: 30 minutes. Minimum age 5yrs. Price: £75 per person.Book now
Meet the Rhinos
July & August, Mondays & Tuesdays at 10:30am. Duration: 60 minutes. Minimum age 5yrs. Price: £100 per person.Book now
Wednesdays, Fridays & Sundays at 2:30pm. Duration: 30 minutes. Minimum age 7yrs. Price: £75 per person.Book now
Sundays & Mondays at 2pm. Duration: 30 minutes. Minimum age: 7. Price: £85 per person.Book now
Wednesdays and Fridays. April - September at 4pm. November - March at 2pm. Duration: 30 minutes. Suitable for all ages. Price: £40 per person.Book now
Spectacled Bear Encounter
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday from April till September at 12pm. Duration: 30 minutes. Suitable for all ages. Price: £40 per person.Book now
Brown Bear Scatter Feed
April - September. Wednesday - Sunday at 10:30am and daily at 3pm. Duration: 30 minutes. Suitable for all ages. Price: £40 per person.Book now
Amur Leopard Encounter
Wednesdays and Fridays at 2pm. Duration: 30 minutes. Minimum age: 7. Price: £85 per person.Book now
Daily at 12:30pm. Duration: 30 mins. Suitable for all ages. Price: £75 per person.Book now
Saturdays & Sundays. April – September at 4pm. November – March at 3pm. Duration 30 minutes. Minimum age 7. Price: £50 per personBook now
Small Cat Encounter
Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday at 3pm. Duration: 30 minutes. Minimum age 7yrs. Price: £75 per person.Book now
Guinea Baboon ScatterFeed
Daily at 12pm. Duration: 15 minutes. Suitable for all ages. Price: £15 per person.Book now
April - October, daily at 12pm & 3pm. November - March, daily at 2:30pm. Duration: 30 minutes. Minimum age 7yrs. Price: £85 per person. Please note this experience takes place on the rooftop of the Gorilla enclosure so you'll need a head for heights!Book now
Gorilla Scatter Feed
April - October, daily at 12pm & 3pm. November - March, daily at 2:30pm. Duration: 15 minutes. Minimum age 5yrs. Price: £45 per person.Book now
Meet the Gorillas
Wednesday - Sunday at 10am. Duration: 1hr 30 minutes. Minimum age 7yrs. Price: £150 per person.Book now
Bison Scatter Feed
Daily at 2:15pm from June to September. Friday, Saturday & Sunday at 2:15pm from October - May. Duration: 15 minutes. Suitable for all ages. Price: £15 per personBook now
We were made to feel like VIPs with our own jeep which took us back to the main entrance after our encounter, which was a small but significant touch. Both my parents have recently encountered major health traumas and my dad is registered disabled. For the driver to offer this might be a small exra to others but made for a magnificent finish to the day for my parents who did not have to walk up the final hill!!. My mum has still not stopped smiling and talking about the giraffes.
How your experience will be different
At Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve, a fundamental part of our mission is to create incredible experiences for animal-lovers. We place the utmost importance on the safety and wellbeing of our guests, animals and teams.
We have completed a series of thorough risk assessments and introduced a range of new health and safety measures that seek to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19 that are in line with government advice and the requirements of local health authorities. We have also ensured that our teams are provided with the correct PPE, follow social distancing guidelines and carefully monitor their own health to minimise risk.
Gloves and a face mask will be provided and must be worn for the duration of all gorilla, primate and cat encounters, and we encourage masks to be worn for all other encounters and experiences. Please do not touch the animals unless directed to do so by the Keeper or Ranger. Hands must be washed before and after your animal experience.
Thank you for your consideration and cooperation to help ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable visit.
Prices & Booking
Animal Encounters range from £15 to £150 for a 15-30 minute group experience. Terms & conditions apply.
The price of this experience DOES NOT include entry to Port Lympne Reserve
you are an overnight guest of Port Lympne Hotel and Reserve OR a Member or Port Lympne season ticket holder.
If you are not an overnight guest of Port Lympne Hotel and Reserve or Member/Port Lympne season ticket holder then a valid day entry ticket will also need to be purchased either on arrival at the gatehouse or click the 'continue shopping' button from your basket when you book your experience online.
- Your group encounter will include time with one of our expert keepers at Port Lympne as they introduce you to the animal of your choice - learn interesting facts, feed where possible and enjoy behind the scenes access. Exclusive encounters are also available - please call 01303 264647 to check availability.
- Please note that gloves and masks must be worn at all times during your encounter. Our keepers will give all the instructions and feeding will be carried out either using grab sticks for carnivores or you will be asked to throw food items for scatter feeds. Some animals may be hand fed at the discretion of the keeper present. Please be aware that we cannot guarantee feeding at all times, as it depends on the animal's behaviour. In case feeding is not possible, we will ensure you are happy with your experience or we will provide an alternative encounter.
- Due to the nature of the experience, it may happen that we need to cancel an encounter due to animal welfare. In this case we will ensure you are offered an alternative beforehand.
- Weather is unlikely to affect the encounters but we suggest to be prepared to be outdoors in any weather, e.g. with a windproof jacket and boots.
- Our team are always on hand to discuss specific needs, especially for guests with reduced mobility.
- Children can take part in every animal encounter. Please read the minimum age requirement for each encounter. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a fully paying adult at all times.
For more information please email email@example.com to enquire about any of our animal experiences.