Closing date: Monday 31st July 2023
Salary: £50,000.00 - £60,000.00 Per Annum DOE, Plus Desirable Benefits
This is a Permanent, Full-Time Position
Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve are recruiting for a Head of Marketing, who will be a key leader within the business, and responsible for promoting the beloved Howletts and Port Lympne brands and our growing range of products and services. The successful candidate will be joining at a hugely exciting time as we expand our sales and marketing team to support our growing business. The role will see you working in picturesque, historic surroundings, within a friendly, vibrant team and being part of real conservation in action.
This newly created position is crucial to our continued growth and delivery of large projects including, but not limited to; new website, re-brand, launching of new accommodation facilities and a new loyalty and membership scheme. Our Head of Marketing will be responsible for marketing across all commercial lines of Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve, Howletts Wild Animal Park, and The Aspinall Foundation with the primary areas of focus being ticket sales, overnight stays, fundraising for our overseas projects and weddings & events.
Who we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years in a similar role, and as part of a senior leadership team. You will be highly knowledgeable about current marketing trends and will have the confidence and experience to look ahead to identify upcoming trends and opportunities. Your creativity will be invaluable in the planning and overseeing of projects, engaging marketing campaigns, and promoting our business to both existing and target markets.
You will have extensive experience of leading marketing teams and large projects within multi-faceted organisations, ideally with considerable hospitality and/or leisure experience. You will have excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills, enabling you to lead a marketing team across multiple business areas.
• Lead and deliver new, exciting, projects across Port Lympne Hotel, Howletts Wild Animal Park, and The Aspinall Foundation.
• Develop and successfully deliver the marketing strategy, to improve our brand identity and drive qualified traffic to generate new sales.
• Having the ability to translate into clear briefs, brief creative teams and develop work that works.
• Establish marketing objectives with the Commercial Director, owning and implementing them within agreed timelines.
• Oversee and approve all marketing material, from website and hard copy brochures.
• Analyse consumer behaviour across each commercial and fundraising line, and adjust campaigns accordingly.
• Monitor and report on marketing campaigns, goals, and budgets.
• Develop, lead, and grow our marketing function and team in a growing business.
• Continuously analyse market research, keeping up to date with the latest industry trends.
• Building relationships with key external stakeholders and forming strategic marketing partnerships.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week, usually worked Monday – Friday 9-5pm. On the occasion, you might be required to work a weekend day dependant on business needs. The role is based at Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve near Folkestone and reports directly into the Sales, Marketing and Fundraising Commercial Director. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK. A reliable mode of transport is recommended due to our remote location.
Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve is a world-renowned wild animal park set within 600 acres of Kentish savannah. The Reserve is home to some of the world’s most rare and endangered animals and offers luxury short breaks accommodation, free roaming animal safaris, once-in-a-lifetime animal encounters and exquisite dining experiences. Most importantly, every one of our employees is part of real conservation in action and their efforts have contributed to animals such as black rhino and western lowland gorillas being returned to their natural habitats in collaboration with our partners at The Aspinall Foundation.
Why you should join us:
As well as walking to work surrounded by the calls of Howler monkeys and the roars from our pride of Lions, you will also join a supportive team who are passionate about their place of work.
You can also expect a host of other benefits including:
• 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays, rising with length of service.
• Comprehensive training and development opportunities, including workshops and e-learning
• Enhanced Sickness, Maternity and Paternity Policies.
• Unlimited free entry for you and a person of your choice into both of our parks as well as friends and family tickets.
• Exceptional discounts on food, retail and accommodation at our parks.
• Numerous retail discounts and access to a 24-hour counselling line through our Healthy Extras Scheme.
• A great working environment with lots of social activities
• Company Pension
• And many more length or service-related rewards and Benefits.
A full job description is available on request.
To apply: Please email a CV along with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org