Closing date: date: Wednesday 6 July 2022
Salary: £20,300.80 Per Annum + Excellent Benefits
Permanent, full-time position
The Horticulture department at Howletts Wild Animal Park has a vacancy for a Woodsman. This is a physically demanding position so candidates must be physically fit. It is essential for applicants to hold a CS 30 & 31 certificate for cross cutting and felling small trees, have a full valid driving licence and be able to legally tow a trailer. Experience of working in a woodland environment and driving a tractor and trailer is desirable.
- Felling of trees and coppice
- Prepare felled material for use as browse by the animal departments
- Delivery of browse material to required location
- General maintenance of woodlands
- Maintenance of woodland tracks and paths
- Clearance of rubbish and unwanted material from woodlands
- Fencing and other estate maintenance tasks
- Basic machinery maintenance
- To follow company rules and policies, to comply with health and safety legislation, to comply with company risk assessments and to follow company safe systems of work.
The role is 40 hours per week, worked five days out of seven. Working hours will include bank holidays, with overtime as required. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK. A reliable mode of transport is recommended due to our remote location.
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (Pro-rata to start date)
- Free entry into both of our parks for you and a person of your choice, plus additional park tickets for your friends and family
- Discounts on our accommodation, food and retail products
- Uniform provided
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Access to our Healthy Extras scheme, which include access to counselling services, doctor line and retail discounts
- A Healthcare Cashback Plan and added annual leave related to length of service
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Onsite parking
To apply: Please use the form below or email your CV along with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org