Closing Date: Monday 11 July 2022
Salary: Between £20,592.00 to £22,672.00 per annum DOE
Plus Excellent Benefits
Howletts is a world class wildlife park run by the international conservation charity The Aspinall Foundation and works to support a number of overseas conservation projects including the Java Primate Project in Indonesia, Gorilla reintroduction in Congo and Gabon, Black Rhino, Cheetah reintroduction and community conservation in Madagascar. We are home to a collection of rare and endangered mammals, including Javan gibbons, Sumatran Tigers, Western Lowland Gorillas, Black Rhino, Eastern Bongo, Snow Leopards to name a few.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Animal Presenter to join the team at Howletts Wild Animal Park. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and motivated individual, with excellent general knowledge of wildlife and modern wildlife conservation issues, as well having a practical understanding of animal welfare.
The successful candidate will be key to helping us increase the visitor experience at Howletts, through guided tours, as well as leading all animal experiences. Excellent customer service skills are a desirable quality for this role.
• Run ‘Keeper for a Day’ experiences
• To facilitate all Animal Encounters
• Maintain an exceptional standard of service delivery to all guests and day visitors
• Conduct talks, on the various species found across our Parks as well as our international conservation projects, to guests and day visitors.
• Find innovative ways of promoting the ‘Keeper for a Day’ and Animal experiences at Howletts.
• Work alongside the Marketing and Customer Service teams to update all animal encounters.
• Work alongside Keepers across all animal sections as and when required
Working 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7 as per the roster. The successful candidate will have a genuinely flexible approach to working hours which will include weekends and bank holidays. A reliable mode of transport is recommended due to our remote location. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
• 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (Pro-rata to start date)
• Free entry into both of our parks for you and a person of your choice, plus additional park tickets for your friends and family
• Discounts on our accommodation, food and retail products
• Uniform provided
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• Access to our Healthy Extras scheme, which include access to counselling services, doctor line and retail discounts
• A Healthcare Cashback Plan and added annual leave related to length of service
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Onsite parking
To apply: Please use the form below or email your CV and covering letter to – email@example.com