Closing date: Friday 29 March 2019
Salary commensurate with experience
Port Lympne Reserve and Howletts Wild Animal Park are world class wildlife parks and established visitor attractions run by the international animal conservation charity; The Aspinall Foundation.
A fantastic opportunity has just become available in our team. Port Lympne Hotel Restaurant, Bar & Moroccan Courtyard are located in the heart of Port Lympne Reserve, the restaurant is open to all visitors and short break guests, and offers a delicious breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner menu. We ensure to use the very best seasonal and locally sourced ingredients wherever we can. Our team also work with Kentish suppliers and farmers who are as passionate about growing, as our chefs are about cooking.
We are recruiting for a Sous Chef to support the senior sous and head chef and assist with managing all aspects of the Hotel & Events kitchen’s in order to maximise revenue and guest satisfaction, as well as achieve our financial and customer satisfaction goals. The role will include catering for our weddings, corporate and leisure events throughout the year.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist the Senior Sous and Head Chef in the supervision of the overall kitchen operation including monitoring standards, cost control, stock rotation and general efficiency
- Prepare dishes to the highest quality and standards according to dish specs
- Be responsible for the kitchen operation in the absence of the Senior Sous and Head Chef
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Manage food purchasing and storage
- Comply with all relevant Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen environment.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated and qualified chef with experience
gained in a similar environment, hold an intermediate (or higher) food hygiene certificate, and have a strong desire to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
Working 45 hours a week over five days which includes evenings, weekends and bank holidays. A reliable form of transport would be advantageous due to our remote location. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.