Closing date: Friday 26 July 2019
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000 per annum DOE plus, annual discretionary bonus
Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve, in conjunction with the Aspinall Foundation, is a charity-based organisation committed to protecting rare and endangered animals from extinction through captive breeding and reintroduction programmes. The parks are home to one of the world’s most prized wild animal collections and are one of the biggest visitor attractions in Kent.
We are recruiting a Sous Chef for our Bear Lodge Accommodation Restaurant, to support the Head Chef and assist with managing all aspects of the kitchen in order to maximise revenue & guest satisfaction and achieve our financial & customer satisfaction goals.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist the Head Chef in the supervision of the overall kitchen operation including monitoring standards, cost control, stock rotation and general efficiency,
- Prepare dishes to the highest quality and standards,
- Be responsible for the kitchen operation in the absence of the Head Chef,
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets,
- Manage food purchasing and storage with the Head Chef,
- Comply with all relevant Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards,
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues,
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen environment.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated and qualified chef with experience
gained in a similar environment, hold an intermediate (or higher) food hygiene certificate, and have a strong desire to succeed in a fast paced environment.
Working 45 hours a week over five days which includes evenings, weekends and bank holidays. A reliable form of transport would be advantageous due to our remote location. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.