Closing date: Tuesday 22 September 2020
Temporary role for 3 months
Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve is undoubtedly one of the UK’s hidden gems that really should be on everyone’s ‘must do that’ list. Spanning 600 acres of beautiful countryside, with stunning views, Port Lympne is the only wild animal park in Europe to offer unique short breaks, where guests can wake up surrounded by animals, go on safari, enjoy once in a lifetime animal encounters and most importantly be part of real conservation in action.
We are currently looking to recruit a dynamic and resourceful Reservationist to assist the Short Breaks Sales Team on a temporary basis.
Your duties will include:
- Effective selling of the short break’s accommodation
- Managing enquiries, enabling achievement of the sales targets in accordance with the agreed selling strategies
- Receiving, handling, converting, and recording client enquiries, being the first point of contact, delivering a clear proposal through to confirmation
- Co-ordinating and planning additional activities for the guest
- Assisting the Reservations & Sales Manager with daily, weekly and monthly reports as required
- Communicating effectively with clients throughout the booking process, ensuring we have a full understanding of client requirements and to identify areas for further business opportunities
- To up-sell and cross-sell all facilities within the Reserve
- To ensure the guest experience is of the highest quality and a tailored service is given throughout their experience
- To ensure that all guest feedback is raised through the appropriate channels and action taken as required.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role, must have excellent verbal and written communication and time management skills. Be able to multi-task and problem-solve, have a good level of numeracy and be IT literate. You will need to be able to react quickly to the business needs and confident to make immediate decisions. Previous experience working with Opera PMS would be advantageous.
Based at Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve, the role is flexible hours and may include weekends and bank holidays.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to email@example.com
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.