Closing date: Friday 2 June 2017
(£8.30 per hour)
Port Lympne Reserve is a well-established visitor attraction with approximately 250,000 visitors per year and is home to the Multi Award-Winning African Safari Experience where guests stay in our luxury accommodation at Livingstone Lodge, Bear Lodge, and our exclusive Livingstone Cottage and new to the park: Pinewood and the Tree house hotel.
We are now looking to recruit an experienced security guard to join our short breaks team to ensure the safety of our guests, visitors and the park out of hours.
To act as a general security person whose core role is to ensure that all visitors leave the park at set closing times and to ensure the premises is secure out of hours. As well as:
- Patrolling all areas of guest accommodation to ensure guest safety and satisfaction at all times
- Monitoring parking situations
- Providing emergency support to guests
- Writing daily reports and maintaining a diligent record of timed and incident reports
- Monitoring the premises for incursions or unusual activity
- Inspecting all points of entry to make sure they are secure
- Securing gates after closing time
- Responding to security calls both during work time and out of hours
- Contacting emergency services when required.
- Responding to alarms and general security calls involving the public
The successful candidate will have a Level 2 Award for working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry, with excellent time management and communication skills, both verbal and written. The candidate must have basic mathematical and computer skills. A first aid qualification would also be beneficial.
Candidates must have a valid UK driving licence.
This role is 45 hours per week worked five evenings/nights out of seven, including bank holidays and weekends.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
To apply: Please email your C.V. and covering letter to – email@example.com
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.