Closing date: Friday 26 July 2019
Salary: £9.00 per hour
Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve, in conjunction with the Aspinall Foundation, is a charity-based organisation committed to protecting rare and endangered animals from extinction through captive breeding and reintroduction programmes. The parks are home of one of the world’s most prized wild animal collections and are one of the biggest visitor attractions in Kent.
At Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve we are currently recruiting a seasonal Chef De Partie to work until November, in or unique restaurants which serve our guests staying at our overnight accommodation experiences.
We are looking for a motivated individual who understands the importance of excellent customer care and can deliver a high standard of service. Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours in a fast paced and demanding commercial environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage a section within the kitchen with the assistance of the Commis Chef
- Managing the development and supervision of the Commis Chefs on the section, ensuring they are fully trained and understand their duties
- Prepare dishes to the highest quality and standards,
- Manage food storage with the Head Chef
- Comply with all relevant Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards,
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen environment.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated and will have previous experience gained in a similar environment. A food hygiene certificate would also be an advantage.
Working 45 hours a week over five days which includes evenings, weekends and bank holidays. Due to our remote location a reliable form of transport is advantageous. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.