Closing date: Friday 22 March 2019
£8.13 gross per hour
Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve is undoubtedly one of the UK’s hidden gems that really should be on everyone’s ‘must do that’ list. Spanning 600 acres of beautiful countryside, with stunning views, Port Lympne is the only wild animal park in Europe to offer unique short breaks, where guests can wake up surrounded by animals, go on safari, enjoy once in a lifetime animal encounters and most importantly be part of real conservation in action.
At Port Lympne we require a Retail Supervisor to work in our gift shop providing assistance to our visitors and support to our Retail Manager.
Duties of the role will include:
- To organise the retail team on a day to day basis, ensuring that they provide a welcoming efficient admissions service.
- To support the Retail Manager in keeping the staffing at the correct level according to business needs and budgets.
- Ensuring the correct opening/closing procedures are carried out.
- Actively promote sales of retail products and associated services that this organisation offers.
- Ensure that high standards are maintained in presentation and cleanliness.
- Managing the cashing up and change ordering.
- Working alongside the Retail Manager to organise internet orders and sales.
The successful candidate with have prior experience gained in a customer service and retail environment. You will have the ability to prioritise, make appropriate decisions under pressure and be able to juggle various tasks at once to ensure everything runs smoothly.
You will have a proven track record of providing an excellent standard of customer service. Strong team leadership skills and excellent communication skills, as well as an understanding that the needs of the customer always comes first.
The role is variable hours worked on a flexible rota basis and will include weekends and bank holidays normally worked in shifts over five days a week. Due to our remote location a reliable form of transport is advantageous.
All applicants must have right to work in the UK.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.