Closing date: Thursday 28 June 2018
Salary: £22k- £27k per annum depending on experience
Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve works in conjunction with The Aspinall Foundation, a charity committed to active conservation on an international level through protecting rare and endangered animals from extinction by captive breeding and reintroduction programmes. The Park is an established visitor attraction and we aim to give our visitors an unforgettable day out.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Retail Manager to be responsible for the day to day running of the Retail Department, this includes two outlets and the processing of the Gatehouse Day Visitor admissions at Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve. The successful candidate’s outline responsibilities are;
- Solid understanding of floor layout plans and placement of products to maximise revenue
- Managing budgets, P&L’s, preparing reports, maintaining/analysing statistical and financial records
- Maximising profitability and setting/meeting targets, including motivating staff to do so
- Managing pricing and stock control
- Maximising Gift Aid opportunity and customer data
- Recruiting, training, managing and appraising staff
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints
- Effectively build relationships with current and future suppliers
- Preparing sales promotional activity, along with associated materials and displays
It is essential that you have retail experience, with strong visual merchandising ability. Having experience in a visitor attraction would be desirable but not essential. You must be a good communicator, will excellent customer service skills and thrive on innovation.
The role is 40 hours a week, five days out of seven including working weekends and Bank Holidays. Working days/hours need to be flexible to meet the seasonal needs of the business. Operating department hours between 8am-8pm.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.