Closing date for applications: Friday 27th April 2018
Salary £50,000 per annum
Port Lympne Reserve is fast on its way to becoming Europe’s first animal focused holiday destination and we are currently seeking an experienced project manager to lead the smooth delivery of four unique accommodation projects, within our rapidly expanding short breaks department. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your skills and experience whilst working in the fast-paced and challenging environment of a wild animal park.
Working in the wilds of Kent surrounded by rare and endangered animals, is not for everyone! Imagine walking in to work in the morning, listening to the gibbons singing and the lions roaring. You could be saying hello to the Guinea baboons, wolves and tigers on your way to get your morning coffee, or having your lunch looking out over 600 acres, where the wild things roam, to the glittering sea in the distance – sounds awful doesn’t it?
Port Lympne is the only wild animal park in Europe to offer a variety of unique short breaks, where guests can literally wake up in a tiger’s world, or chill out watching black rhino and red lechwe as they wander past the garden fence, hand feed giraffe, go on safari, meet gorillas and most importantly be part of real conservation in action.
You see, conservation is at the heart of everything we do. We work with The Aspinall Foundation, a conservation charity committed to returning animals born at Port Lympne and sister park Howletts, to protected areas of the wild, where they can be free just as they should be.
Being a part of this incredible mission to save endangered animals, protect wilderness areas across four continents and rewild the planet, is one of the most rewarding jobs you’ll ever do and the work place is pretty awesome too!
You will be responsible for the overall development and quality of multiple high-end projects with full oversight of budget and schedules. Your main duties will include:
- Managing the day to day operation from foundation to completion
- Ensuring the development is completed in accordance with project specification and project programs
- cost planning and Management throughout the entire life cycle of a project from inception to completion
- Documentation and Pre-construction/Bidding to secure access agreements, finalize budget, award contracts, and release construction
- Project programming to identify potential impacts to budget, schedule, and quality
- Developing estimates and initial budgets, and secure necessary approvals
- Lead all project milestone reviews and signoffs
- Serve as primary point of contact for all extended and external project team members
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management
- Generate and continuously maintain reporting data for respective projects, reporting to upper management as necessary
- Procurement of FF&E and OS&E
- Complete purchasing and contracting relating to the sourcing, delivery, and installation of soft furnishings.
You will have previous multi-skilled project management experience, ideally within the hospitality or hotel industry with drive, passion & self-motivation who can demonstrate their previous success within a similar position. You must have a proven record of full lifecycle implementations and a strong technical background. You must be familiar with construction industry best practices and know AutoCAD/drafting and/or be able to draw construction details. Previous experience as a QS Quantity surveyor would be advantageous as you will be required to conduct cost planning and Management throughout the entire life cycle of a project from inception to completion.
The ideal candidate will be ambitious and driven to achieve tight deadlines with exceptional time management and organisation skills. You must be confident in liaising with third party suppliers and able to inspire the project team to achieve goals with effective leadership. You will be a logical thinker who is able to work autonomously and able to rapidly adapt to situations. A valid driving license is essential.
With an immediate start, this position will run until the completion of these builds in 2018 however this role has the potential to be extended with future projects, including the conversion of a 10-bedroom mansion.
All applicants must have right to work in the UK.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.