Closing Date: Friday 22 February 2019
Salary: £35,000 - £50,000 DOE
Howletts Wild Animal Park and Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve, in conjunction with the Aspinall Foundation, are a charity based conservation organisation committed to protecting rare and endangered animals from extinction through captive breeding and reintroduction programmes. The parks are home to one of the world’s most prized wild animal collections and are one of the biggest visitor attractions in Kent.
We are currently recruiting for an Offline Marketing Manager to lead a dedicated Communications and PR team to deliver our offline marketing strategy for Howletts, Port Lympne and the Aspinall foundation. You will be joining the organisation during a very exciting time as we expand our short breaks products. This would also be an incredible opportunity to become a vital part of our conservation efforts and really make a difference.
Based at Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve you will report directly to the Managing Director. The key purpose of the role is work with the Digital Marketing Manager to develop and implement Howletts, Port Lympne and The Aspinall Foundation marketing and PR strategy. Identifying key audiences and engage with them disseminating and ensuring that key messages reach identified audiences efficiently and effectively in accordance with KPI’s and Strategic plan.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of the offline marketing strategy adapting as the season dictates
- Set and oversee the delivery of the PR Strategy - engaging media interest and hitting OTS/EAV targets
- Responsible for marketing of the parks, short breaks, weddings and charity products to ensure they reach all appropriate audiences
- Deliver visitor numbers and gate tariff in accordance with budget
- Manager the budget and report ROI’s
- Lead and develop the membership scheme
- Research, develop and target new markets for the organisation
- Work with all departments across the organisation to promote, marketing, PR and brand guidelines
- Attend events to promote the organisation to key influencers/stakeholders and developing contacts as appropriate.
We are looking for an outgoing, creative marketing professional who is able to work in a collaborative and inclusive manner, with B2C experience in a senior marketing or PR role. We require you to have a strong networking, negotiation, research and reporting skills and excellent organisation skills. You will have proven experience of budget management and making/delivering presentations. Due to the nature of the environment an enthusiasm for animal conservation would be desirable.
Working hours are 40 hours per week, normally worked Monday to Friday with occasional weekend and evenings.
As a Port Lympne and Howletts employee, you will benefit from free entry into both of our parks, plus 6 free tickets for your family and friends, free onsite parking, as well as discounts on food and accommodation and retail products, plus length of service related benefits which include a company health plan and additional annual leave.
A full detailed JD of the role is available on request.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to email@example.com
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.