Closing date: Friday 26 July 2019
Salary: £17,000 - £21,000 depending on experience
Howletts & Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks, in conjunction with the Aspinall Foundation, are a charity based organisation committed to protecting rare and endangered animals from extinction through captive breeding and reintroduction programmes. The parks are home of one of the world’s most prized wild animal collections and are one of the biggest visitor attractions in Kent.
At Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve, we are recruiting a Marketing Assistant to support the communications department.
Working under the direction of the marketing managers to help reach the company's marketing goals and objectives, this varied role will include duties such as:
- Processing purchase orders and invoices
- Maintaining web listings
- Researching market trends, demographics, pricing strategies, competitors and other relevant information that helps develop marketing plans
- Liaising with media partners, suppliers and agencies
- Maintaining office systems including databases
- Helping to plan promotional events & exhibitions
- Organising and planning the production of marketing materials
- Ordering of materials and signage
- Supporting managers on PR days
- Analysing surveys, polls, and other market research to look for patterns and trends
- and general administration duties in a very fast paced and busy department.
The ideal candidate should be organised, positive and articulate, with excellent communication skills, a marketing or similar qualification is also desirable. Good IT skills and a full working knowledge of Microsoft Excel are essential, along with excellent attention to detail. You must also be self-motivated to achieve high standards of organisation
This is a permanent role working 40 hours per week and will include working weekends and evenings on occasion. All applicants must have right to work in the UK.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.