Closing date: Wednesday 28 October 2020
Part Time – 24 hours per week
Salary: £16,800.00 gross per annum
Howletts Wild Animal Park and Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve work in conjunction with the Aspinall Foundation and are committed to protecting rare and endangered animals from extinction through captive breeding and reintroduction programmes. The parks are home of one of the world’s most prized wild animal collections and are one of the biggest visitor attractions in Kent.
You will be responsible for preparing monthly management accounts to a fixed deadline, for review with the Head of Finance.
Specific tasks will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Accruals & Prepayments, Deferred income analysis and journal entry
- Assist with Month End Accounts Preparation
- Variance analysis against budgets
- Balance Sheet reconciliations including banking reconciliations
- Reconciliation of intercompany accounts
- Administrative tasks, including filing and maintenance of contracts registers and statutory records
- Assist with ensuring compliance with Purchase Order system
- Fixed Asset records, project cost monitoring
- Assist with Audit preparation
The successful applicant must be AAT qualified or part ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified, preferably with experience working in similar roles. You will have experience with advanced Microsoft Excel skills (including pivot tables, V and X Lookups and formulas) and strong communication skills. You will be working as part of a small finance team, reporting to the Head of Finance.
We are a charity with a trading subsidiary, and you will work across both entities, so not-for-profit experience would be desirable but not essential. You will be based at Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve; however you may be required to travel to Howletts Wild Animal Park up to one day per week, and therefore your own transport is essential.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to email@example.com
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.