Closing date: Friday 18 June 2021
Salary is £20,000 - £22,000 DOE
Howletts & Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks, in conjunction with the Aspinall Foundation, are a charity based organisation committed to protecting rare and endangered animals from extinction through captive breeding and reintroduction programmes. The parks are home of one of the world’s most prized wild animal collections and are one of the biggest visitor attractions in Kent.
Our Estates Department is looking for reliable and responsible individuals to join our team of estates staff, and work in and around our luxury accommodation and wild animal park.
Key Duties Include:
- Responsible for daily maintenance of park accommodation as well as general maintenance of the site
- Acts as primary contact for any daily maintenance requests
- General plumbing and structural repairs and determine when an electrician/plumber/contractor is necessary
- Complete tasks such as painting and general repairs or replacements of a variety of units, including windows, doors, tables, chairs, bathroom and kitchen facilities
- Ensure safety equipment such as fire extinguishers, fire alarms etc are in place and in working order
- Maintenance of electrical equipment, including refrigerators, televisions and lighting equipment
- Determines and records parts required for a particular job
- Aiding with setting up and taking down of seasonal lodges
- Other maintenance duties as assigned by the Estates Manager that may include ground works, road pothole repairs etc.
The work is physically demanding so you must have a good level of physical fitness. You must be prepared to work outdoors in all weathers and hold a full valid UK driving licence as you will be required to drive company vehicles around the park. Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage but is not essential as full training will be provided.
The hours of work are up to 40 hours per week, worked five days out of seven; including evenings, weekends and bank holiday shifts.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
To apply: Please use the form below or email your CV along with a covering letter to – Trevorm@aspinallfoundation.org