Closing Date: Friday 1st October 2021 or sooner if enough applications are received.
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve is fast on its way to becoming Europe’s first animal focused holiday destination and we are currently looking to recruit a permanent Housekeeping Supervisor, to work at our luxury short breaks accommodations on a flexible basis.
We are currently looking for and experienced, confident, and sociable person with an eye for detail to join our fast-paced housekeeping team. The successful candidate will have previous experience of working in a hotel or hospitality environment, at supervisory level.
Duties will include:
• Training housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks
• Overseeing staff performance daily
• Checking rooms and common areas for cleanliness
• Participate in cleaning when requested
• Establish and educate staff on cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene standards
• Motivate team members and resolve any issues that occur on the job
• Respond to special request and guest complaints
• Monitor cleaning products stocks and equipment
• Participate in large cleaning projects as required
• Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas.
• Must have previous experience in a similar supervisory role, preferably gained in a hospitality or housekeeping environment.
• Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft packages.
• Previous experience of hotel management software would be advantageous.
• Excellent customer service skills is essential.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• A warm approachable manner
• Strong team player with good leadership skills
• Self-confident and the ability to use your own initiative
• Good timekeeping
• Good organisational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Problem solver
Hours of work are a minimum of 35 hours per week, worked on a flexible rota basis providing cover from Monday to Sunday including bank holidays and school holidays. A reliable mode of transport is recommended due to our remote location of the park. All applicants must have right to work in the UK.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.