Closing date: Friday 2nd October 2020
Salary is dependent on experience
The Aspinall Foundation’s mission is to prevent the extinction of endangered animals. We work globally to protect animals from the threats facing them such as poaching, deforestation and the illegal wildlife trade. Our overseas project teams work with schools, communities and Governments in Gabon, Congo, Madagascar, South Africa and Java in some of the world’s most fragile environments to develop a balanced and sustainable future for the wildlife and people living side by side. By working in partnership with our two wild animal parks in Kent we have sent hundreds of captive born endangered animals back to the wild to support and restore native wild populations.
We have a fantastic and rare opportunity for an experienced fundraising professional to join the charity based in Kent on its ambitious growth journey as we scale up for success.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing a robust Individual Giving strategy, which will focus on both acquisition and retention of donors.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Increase income generated from individual giving fundraising activities to deliver agreed targets.
- Oversee the IG team budget in line with objectives and KPIs, reporting on income and expenditure and highlight variances.
- Provide guidance and support to our in-house Marketing and Fundraising teams, in order to ensure that IG KPIs and objectives are achieved.
- Work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager to test, monitor, evaluate and implement existing and new channels that allow two-way engagement with donors.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to ensure we are producing the highest quality content possible for social media and digital channels which produce positive donor recruitment results.
- Develop long term sustainable income from identifying the audiences, channels, products and messages that will maximise effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop high quality supporter care including responsive and prompt donor care and stewardship.
- Provide expertise and guidance on all matters relating to gift aid, including maximising income.
- Ensure that all IG activities are in line with best practice standards and processes as set out by the Institute of Fundraising and industry regulatory bodies.
- Keep abreast of all developments in Individual Giving and community fundraising legislation and regulatory control.
- Prepare quarterly forecasts for individual giving income and report monthly on performance against targets.
- Working with the Sales and Marketing team to produce strong and compelling fundraising materials for a wide range of media.
The successful individual will need to demonstrate:
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a fundraising role where individual giving has formed a core part of your responsibilities, along with a successful fundraising track record in individual giving and direct marketing.
- Thorough knowledge of best practice standards and processes as set out by the Institute of Fundraising and industry regulatory bodies.
- Experience using fundraising databases/CRM systems.
- Digital marketing and social media experience.
- Data analysis and budget management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and donor stewarding skills.
- A resilient and confident character with a positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Flexibility and the willingness to go the extra mile to deliver a best-in-class experience to our donors
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment against tight deadlines
- Confident working with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of animal conservation and knowledge of Salesforce CRM system is desirable
- Institute of Fundraising qualification or equivalent
Reporting to the Sales, Marketing & Fundraising Director, this role will be based at Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve and will require occasional work at weekends and evenings so flexibility with working hours is essential.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.