Closing Date: Friday 12 July 2019
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 depending on experience plus annual discretionary bonus
Port Lympne Hotel and Gardens are a truly unique wedding, conference and party venue nestled in the heart of a world-famous wild animal park. The Mansion house, located in the beautiful setting of Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve was converted to a four-star 8 bedroom Hotel. The hotel’s eight bedrooms capture a unique fusion of original Edwardian features and latest contemporary luxuries, each with its own individual style and charm.
We are recruiting for a Head Chef to manage all aspects of the Restaurant kitchen in order to maximise revenue and guest satisfaction and achieve our financial and customer satisfaction goals. The mansion restaurant caters for the accommodation guests as well as large functions and events throughout the year.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage the running of the overall kitchen operation including monitoring standards, stock rotation and general efficiency
- Maintain consistent food standards and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply
- Prepare dishes to the highest quality and standards
- Actively participate in the ongoing management and development of menus
- Be responsible for the kitchen operation, rostering and supervision of staff
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Manage food purchasing and storage whilst reducing wastage
- Comply with all relevant Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen environment.
The successful applicant will have previous experience in a sous chef or higher role, preferably within similar dining environment and hold a Level 3 food hygiene certificate. Experience in menu development, food costing and budget control is also preferred, along with the ability to build effective and constructive relationships.
Working 45 hours a week over five days which includes mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays. A reliable form of transport would be advantageous due to our remote location. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to email@example.com
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.