Application Closing Date: Friday 30 July 2021
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve is fast on its way to becoming Europe’s first animal focused holiday destination and we are currently seeking a Guest Relations Manager to oversee the daily operation of our Guest Relations Team, who help to create lasting memories for our day visitors, as well as guests staying overnight in our unique and luxurious accommodation.
As our Guest Relations Manager you will lead by example, striving to delight and exceed all customer expectations, providing guests with a totally unforgettable customer service experience.
- Ensure the team always deliver the highest standards for both day and night guests, guaranteeing standard operating procedures are always followed
- Assisting on the development and implementation of departmental standards in order to achieve excellent customer service.
- Direct and supervise the teams on a day-to-day basis, ensuring all staff hold the correct level of training to carry out the duties required.
- Build guest profiles through PMS.
- Cross promote and up sell where appropriate to our guests, including activities, dining options, safaris and more, to ensure maximum revenue generation and an excellent guest experience.
- Oversee the schedules of the team, ensuring they meet the organisations priorities.
- Deal with guest feedback in a constructive manner, resolving any issues that may impact their guest experience.
- Working with the Operations Team on Weddings, Events, Corporate Functions and VIP stays.
- Build inter-departmental relationships to ensure seamless communication across our business.
Working hours are 40 hours per week, worked five days out of seven, which can include weekends and Bank Holidays.
The successful candidate will…
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Assistant Management role, preferably in the hospitality sector within a hotel, resort or cruise ship environment.
- Have the ability to retain and motivate staff to strive for customer excellence in everything we do.
- Have a proven track record in leading and coordinating a large team to achieve positive guest satisfaction results whilst driving profitable sales.
- Have previous experience of managing and coordinating a large team across multiple areas in a 24/7 operation.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft packages. Experience of Opera Booking Systems is desirable.
- Be a fun and energetic leader with limitless energy, ready to inspire and motivate our team.
- Have exceptional Customer Service skills, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Be well presented and ready for new challenges, with the ability to adapt quickly to situations as they arise.
- Have a creative flair alongside the ability to think outside of the box, assisting in the future planning of the department.
- Previous experience of dealing with VIP guests in a luxury hospitality brand is desirable.
- Hold a valid UK driving license.
- Uniform is provided
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Free entry for you into both of our parks and free tickets for your family and friends
- Discounts on food and retail products
- Onsite parking
- Training and development opportunities
- A healthcare cash back plan and added annual leave related to length of service.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
If you want to work in an exciting and unique environment where no two days are the same, please use the form below or email your C.V. and covering letter to: Iann@aspinallfoundation.org
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.