Application Closing Date: 31 October 2021
Salary: £8.00 - £8.91 per hour (full and part time roles available)
Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve is fast on its way to becoming Europe’s first animal focused holiday destination and we are currently seeking Guest Relations Hosts to look after our guests from the moment they arrive, until the moment they return home. Our Hosts help to create lasting memories for our day visitors, as well as guests staying overnight in our unique and luxurious accommodation.
We are looking for an energetic, confident, and social person with an eye for detail to join our fast-paced team. The successful candidate will strive to delight and exceed all customer expectations, providing guests with a totally unforgettable customer service experience.
Relevant experience in hospitality is preferable, however full training will also be provided.
• Welcoming and meeting our guests, checking them in and out.
• Transporting guests to their accommodation areas in a variety of vehicles, including golf buggies and safari land rovers.
• Manning the Mansion Hotel Reception and our Concierge desk; assisting with paperwork, answering the phone, updating the reservations system, and helping with general guest enquiries.
• Overseeing the Guest Relations email inbox to ensure our guests are looked after in a timely manner.
• Delivering food and drinks to our guests.
• Booking restaurant reservations and Safari experiences.
• Lifting and transporting luggage.
• Driving, fuelling, cleaning golf buggies.
• Servicing guest areas, including inside/outside fires and preparing Scandinavian baths.
Working hours are on a flexible rota basis, up to 40 hours per week, worked five days out of seven, which can include Weekends and Bank Holidays.
Part-time and full-time roles are available. A reliable mode of transport is recommended due to our remote location of the park.
All applicants must have right to work in the UK and hold a valid UK driving license.
• Previous experience within the Hospitality sector if preferable, either within a hotel, resort, or cruise ship environment.
• Exceptional Customer Service skills, with a great telephone manner.
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• A strong team player with the ability to work in a large team across all areas of the park.
• Self-confident with the ability to use own initiative.
• The ability to deal with guest feedback, both positive and negative.
• Be well presented and ready for new challenges, with the ability to adapt quickly to situations as they arise.
• Proficient in IT and Microsoft packages. Knowledge of Opera booking systems is desirable.
• Availability to work flexible hours.
• Holding a valid UK driving license is essential.
• Uniform is provided
• Free entry for you into both of our parks and free tickets for your family and friends
• Discounts on food and retail products
• Onsite parking
• Training and development opportunities
• A healthcare cash back plan and added annual leave related to length of service.
• Cycle to Work Scheme
If you want to work in an exciting and unique environment where no two days are the same email your C.V. and covering letter to: Iann@aspinallfoundation.org