Closing date: Monday 3 May 2021
Salary £19,000 - £21,800 DOE
The Aspinall Foundation is a world-leading animal conservation charity working to protect endangered species in situ, predominately in South Africa, Indonesia, Congo, Gabon, Madagascar and Java. The foundation also works in conjunction with Howletts Wild Animal Park and Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve to reintroduce captive born animals from the park into protected areas in the wild.
The Aspinall Foundation is currently looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to work across our growing fundraising and marketing function, ensuring that all planned activities gain the maximum value possible.
The Fundraising Executive will work on implementing the new individual giving strategy, assisting with the launch of a new face to face fundraising team, growing the existing adoption range, and undertaking stewardship calls for supporters, as well as working across all aspects of community fundraising. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to source, plan and maximise new areas of fundraising income.
- Manage on site face to face recruitment, booking the team in to ensure maximum coverage across our two parks, Port Lympne and Howletts
- Help convert one off donors and adopters to regular givers
- Process adoptions
- Implement plans to increase the organic reach of the adoption range
- Assist the individual giving team with stewardship calls aimed at reducing attrition and maximising lifetime value
- Write internal reports and analyse fundraising progress on a monthly or periodic basis
- Manage fun runs with a drive on recruiting participants as regular givers and donors
- Manage and run school and group charity events
- Create and implement a new in memory product range with various options at our two parks
- Proactively research and plan new fundraising initiatives
- Implement a communication plan to grow our lottery
- Seek other community funding opportunities
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a charity sector role or similar fundraising role
- The ability to balance several income lines simultaneously
- Experience of report writing and analysis
- The ability to spot and maximise new fundraising initiatives
- A good understanding of internal and external communication methods
- An understanding of fundraising regulations and trends
- Experience of managing groups or teams of people and coordinating volunteers
- Experience of organising and managing charity events or similar
- Exceptional communication skills in writing, in person and on the phone
- Confidence to speak to small groups and with people at all levels within an organization
This role is 40 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7. This will include weekends and bank holidays when necessary for the role.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to email@example.com
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.