Closing Date: Monday 27th Sept 2021
Salary is £8.00 or £8.91
Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve, in conjunction with Howletts Wild Animal Park and the Aspinall Foundation, are a leading charity based organisation, committed to protecting rare and endangered animals from extinction, through captive breeding and reintroduction programmes.
Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve is fast on its way to becoming Europe’s first animal focused holiday destination and we are currently seeking quality applications to join the Babydolls Italian and Bear Lodge restaurants team.
We’re looking to continue to build a team of dedicated, professional, caring, approachable, hospitable people to work with us in the role of food and beverage assistants. If you have a passion for excellent customer service and thrive in a busy hospitality environment, then this could be the perfect job for you.
• Greeting customers as they arrive
• To assist in taking orders and serving food and beverages to customers in our restaurants
• Working effectively with other team members to serve food and beverages to the customers and to ensure the smooth operation of the restaurant
• To ensure customers and visitors feel welcome at all times
• To assist with other Front of House tasks such as operating tills, meeting, greeting, and seating guests, tidying up, cleaning and setting, and serving food.
• Have basic knowledge of wines and drinks and be able to explain and up sell the products
• Making sure customers enjoy their experience and receive an outstanding first impression at Port Lympne Hotel and Reserve • To ensure open and close down procedures are followed and completed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ensure the restaurants and all their contents are maintained in a clean state and in good repair at all times, any faults should be reported directly to the management team
• Ensure good service planning with the necessary equipment to enable smooth trouble-free service.
You will have a keen eye for detail and a passion for excellent service at all times, previous customer service experience is desirable.
Full and part time posts are available, hours are worked on a shift basis which also include weekends, school holidays and bank holidays. The Restaurants are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week.
Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours.
A reliable form of transport would be essential due to the remote location of Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Rate of pay is £8.00 for under 21’s and £8.91 for over 21.
As a Port Lympne employee, you will benefit from free entry into both of our parks, free tickets for your family and friends, onsite parking, plus discounts on food, retail and accommodation products.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering letter to – firstname.lastname@example.org