Closing date: Friday 5 May 2017
Salary: Competitive DOE
Howletts & Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks, in conjunction with the Aspinall Foundation, are a charity based organisation committed to protecting rare and endangered animals from extinction through captive breeding and reintroduction programmes. The parks are home of one of the world’s most prized wild animal collections and are one of the biggest visitor attractions in Kent.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Financial Controller, to work closely with the Finance Director. The successful candidate will be required to manage, develop and improve the quality of output and information whilst continuously improving processes and systems to optimise efficiency and effective management reporting. You will also ensure compliance with statutory requirements within the finance team.
The Financial Controller will be required to supervise and mentor the finance team. The successful candidate must be able to work under pressure, be trustworthy, responsible, confident and be flexible in approach.
The role will require a proactive, highly organised candidate that shows excellent attention to detail whilst being approachable with excellent communication skills and clear, concise reporting.
The role will require the following:
- Manage financial control systems and processes.
- Maintain financial policies and procedures and draft new policies as may be required.
- Improve internal control processes.
- Prepare and analyse financial information for key decision making.
- Manage month end, prepare monthly management accounts and year end accounts.
- Actuals vs budget analysis.
- Overseeing preparation of P&L, balance sheet and cash flows on a monthly basis.
- Providing analysis of investment proposals.
- Co-ordinate the budget process and prepare budgets.
- Lead year-end audit process.
- Oversee and maintain cash flow modelling.
- Supervise Payroll.
You will need to be ACA/ACCA or CIMA Qualified or equivalent.
The role is 40 hours per week worked 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
To apply: email a CV along with a covering email to email@example.com
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.