Seasonal role to 31 October 2021
Salary is £8.00 to £8.91, Plus Commission
The Aspinall Foundation is a world-leading animal conservation charity working to protect endangered species in situ predominately in Africa, Indonesia, Madagascar and Java. The foundation also works in conjunction with The Howletts Wild Animal Trust to reintroduce captive born animals from its parks in Kent into protected areas in the wild.
We are currently looking for dedicated Face to Face recruiters to join us at our parks over the busy summer period. This role will involve engaging with the public, predominantly at our two parks, encouraging them to support our international conservation work with a monthly gift.
This is an excellent opportunity to work at our wonderful parks. This role comes with full training, great staff benefits and the opportunity to earn commission based on sign ups.
- To recruit new regular givers for The Aspinall Foundation in line with agreed KPI’s
- Explain Gift Aid and encourage prospective members to sign up to the Gift Aid scheme
- Ensure that the maximum amount of data is collected, is accurate, and ‘opt in to contact’ is gathered wherever possible
- Keep up to date on The Aspinall Foundation activity, whilst keeping your manager informed of any issues that are of concern
- Relay any feedback received from the public, supporters or members to the manager
- Represent TAF in a professional and informed manner; whether engaging with members of the public, venues, Trust staff & volunteers, or any other supporters
- Promote adoptions and other ways of supporting The Aspinall Foundation.
- Help support and promote TAF events where relevant
- Maintain and care for all equipment and recruitment aids.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working in a fundraising, sales or customer facing background
- Confidence to approach and build rapport with members of the public
- Confident in speaking to small groups of people
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and database packages to record information accurately
- Good knowledge of direct sales techniques
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise workload
- People focused with an enthusiastic, engaging personality.
This is excellent opportunity for you to gain valuable experience of fundraising techniques, in a completely unique and breathtaking environment.
With an immediate start, the hours of work are flexible, up to 24 hours a week, covering mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends. Additional shifts will be available. This is a Seasonal role until the 31st October 2021, with the potential to extend dependant on business needs.
A reliable form of transport would be essential due to the remote location of Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve. All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
- Uniform Provided
- Free entry into both of our parks, free tickets for your family and friends, plus discounts on food and retail products as well as onsite parking
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.