Closing date: Monday 3 May 2021
Seasonal role to 31 October 2021
Salary is £8.00 to £8.91, Plus Commission
The Aspinall Foundation is a world-leading animal conservation charity working to protect endangered species in situ predominately in Africa, Indonesia, Madagascar and Java. The foundation also works in conjunction with The Howletts Wild Animal Trust to reintroduce captive born animals from its parks in Kent into protected areas in the wild.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for dedicated Face to Face fundraisers to join us as our parks reopen this spring. This role will involve engaging with the public, predominantly at our two parks, encouraging them to support our international conservation work with a monthly gift.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to earn commission based on sign ups.
- To recruit new regular givers for The Aspinall Foundation in line with agreed KPI’s
- Promote adoptions and other ways of supporting The Aspinall Foundation
- Explain Gift Aid and encourage prospective members to sign up to the Gift Aid scheme
- Ensure data is collected accurately
- Help support and promote fundraising events
- Keep up to date on The Aspinall Foundation activity
- Relay any feedback received from the public, supporters or members to the manager
- Represent TAF in a professional and informed manner; whether engaging with members of the public, venues, Trust staff & volunteers, or any other supporters
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working in a fundraising, sales or customer facing background
- Confidence to approach and build rapport with members of the public
- Confident in speaking to small groups of people
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and database packages to record information accurately
- Good knowledge of direct sales techniques
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise workload
- People focused with an enthusiastic, engaging personality
This is excellent opportunity for you to gain valuable experience of fundraising techniques, in a completely unique and breathtaking environment. The role is a minimum of 25 hours per week, worked 5 days in 7, including weekends. More hours may be available depending on the needs of the business.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to email@example.com
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.