Closing date: Friday 22 November 2019
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum DOE
Howletts & Port Lympne Wild Animal Parks, in conjunction with the Aspinall Foundation, are a charity-based organisation committed to protecting rare and endangered animals from extinction through captive breeding and reintroduction programmes. The parks are home of one of the world’s most prized wild animal collections and are one of the biggest visitor attractions in Kent.
Based at Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve, this full-time post is 40 hours per week, reporting to the Port Lympne Site Services Manager. Working around the unique environment of a wild animal park, you will be required to carry out repairs to the buildings and infrastructure, carry out work required for new initiatives and developments, provide advice and guidance to other members of the department, carry out health and safety risk assessments as well as work with third party contractors and ensure value for money when using external suppliers. You will also be required to carry out work at Howletts Wild Animal Park, a suitable vehicle will be provided for transporting the post holder and their equipment.
The main duties of the role will include:
- Reviewing and inspecting existing buildings, facilities and infrastructure to risk assess and develop prioritised schedules of work.
- Carrying out repairs and upgrades to the required standard and providing relevant certification whenever its applicable.
- Providing plans and installing new electrical circuits, plus, sockets and appliances in building refurbishments, projects and new builds.
- Ensuring quality workmanship meets the organisations standards and complies with building codes and follows safety requirements.
- Conducting routine maintenance and testing on all electrical systems.
- Responding to spontaneous calls to carry out unforeseen repairs, including providing an on-call capability with the other qualified tradespersons, covering out of hours on weekdays and weekends.
- Drafting accurately costed estimates of work to be carried out, making sure that any recommended suppliers are reliable and offer value for money.
- Ensuring all tools and equipment are always in safe working order.
- As well as carrying out risk and manual handling assessments as required.
With a minimum of 3 years’ experience, the successful candidate will able to install electrical systems to 18th edition wiring regulations and be qualified to City & Guilds 2382 requirements, including City and Guilds qualifications 2391 – 52 and Testing and Inspection qualifications. You must have a full manual driving licence and be able to use all Microsoft office packages. It is also essential that you have a good working knowledge of health and safety legislation, including preparing written risk assessments, manual handling assessments and other regulatory requirements. A good understanding of preparing estimates, submitting purchase orders and costed estimates using IT systems is also required.
We are looking for someone who can supervise and guide members of staff within the team. Sets and maintains high standards of workmanship and is capable of planning work to be carried out during limited time slots, as well as someone who is able to work in a coordinated and collaborative manner with other colleagues, representatives from other departments, or contractors.
A full job description is available on request.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to email@example.com
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.