Closing date: Friday 14 September 2018
Salary £17,000 per annum
The Aspinall Foundation is a world-leading animal conservation charity working to protect endangered species in situ predominately in Africa, Indonesia, Madagascar and Java. The foundation also works in conjunction with The Howletts Wild Animal Trust to reintroduce captive born animals from its parks in Kent into protected areas in the wild.
The Foundation manages two gorilla rescue and rehabilitation projects in Gabon and Congo, where we have successfully reintroduced over 50 gorillas; projects in Java to protect the critically endangered Javan Gibbons; and Madagascar to protect the greater bamboo Lemur.
This role is full time, permanent working 40 hours per week.
Based at Port Lympne Reserve, your role will be to develop and deliver The Aspinall Foundation fundraising Community programme, including the marketing, organisation, stewardship of volunteers and administration. You will also be responsible for building relationships and offering excellent supporter care to individual fundraisers, schools and groups.
Other duties will include:
- Developing and promoting a calendar of third-party events, including Skydive and London Virgin Marathon, while encouraging new and existing supporters to participate
- Maintaining marketing materials on events within the wild animal parks
- To maximise income and identify new fundraising opportunities with the community
- Developing a programme to encourage schools to visit the parks and engage in fundraising activities.
- Manage and recruit volunteers for The Aspinall Foundation
- Ensure that all events and community activities are undertaken in compliance with the relevant Fundraising Code, the data protection rules and other legal requirements
- Public speaking on behalf of The Aspinall Foundation at presentations
We are looking for candidates with previous experience working in a fundraising role who have a proven track record of relationship building and understand the principles of good donor management. The successful candidate must:
- Have experience of organising events, managing promotions and budgets
- Be able to develop and motivate individuals and groups of volunteers
- Have good written and verbal communication and able to maintain accurate records with a high level of attention to detail
- Be familiar with MS Office and CRM systems
- Have a proven ability to work effectively with others to achieve common goals and targets
- Understand the importance of providing a first-class supporter experience
Candidates will also need to have an awareness of data protection regulations and knowledge of the Institute of Fundraising codes of practice. Have a valid driving licence and their own transport and be willing to travel around Kent and be flexible and willing to work the occasional evening and weekend as required.
All applicants must have right to work in the UK.
To apply: Please email a CV along with a covering letter to - firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.