Closing Date: Thursday 30 September 2021
Competitive salary based on experience.
Our Marketing team is seeking an Assistant Marketing Manager to join us at Port Lympne Hotel & Reserve and Howletts Wild Animal Park, two of Kent’s best-loved visitor attractions which work in conjunction with The Aspinall Foundation: an internationally renowned animal conservation charity.
This person will have an exceptional understanding of the full marketing mix and communications landscape and will support marketing strategies for all areas of the business including day visits, short breaks, weddings, corporates as well as The Aspinall Foundation.
The successful candidate will be a confident self-starter, well organised individual with the ability to meet deadlines whilst working across different projects. If you are a creative thinker, excellent multi-tasker and keen to work across a large and dynamic organisation as it aims to deliver ambitious growth plans, then we want to discuss this position further with you.
Responsibilities and duties will include:
• Contribute to the development and delivery of marketing plans and strategies
• Create campaign proposals, Gantt charts and utilise Basecamp to ensure the team are following the marketing strategies and timelines
• Produce and oversee a variety of multichannel marketing activity including but not limited to: direct mail, out of home, radio, Google PPC, email and social media advertising
• Deliver activity which focusses on acquisition and retention of customers across multiple commercial lines
• Coordinate the PR activity and campaigns, including influencer strategy
• Develop promotional marketing calendars and schedules
• Production of regular and consistent internal reports detailing the performance (ROI) of marketing campaigns across all channels
• Assist in the evaluation of marketing activity and contribute to next steps
• Ownership of all marketing briefs to internal graphic designer and creative agencies
• Arrange effective distribution of marketing materials
• Liaise and meet with media partners to brief and ensure all campaigns are carried out effectively
• Act as the first point of contact for advertising enquires and marketing collaborations -review media packs prior to sharing with management
• Review and collate data on customer journeys
• Monitor and report on competitor activity as well as pitch new ideas to generate leads and brand presence
• Achieve required objectives and KPIs for each project within agreed costs and time frames
• Additional responsibilities as instructed by your line manager
The successful candidate will have:
• At least 3 years’ experience working in a senior marketing position with extensive knowledge of marketing channels, strategies, and protocols
• A Marketing degree, CIM qualification or equivalent experience
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential
• Willingness to stay on top of the latest marketing trends and developments
• Flexibility and enthusiasm to go the extra mile to deliver a best-in-class experience to our donors/customers
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment against tight deadlines
• Self-starter – working on your own initiative or as part of a team
• Proactive, diligent, flexible, and organised
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience working within leisure & hospitality would be highly advantageous
• A passion for animal conservation is desirable but not essential
As a Port Lympne employee, you will benefit from:
• 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
• Free entry into both of our parks as well as complimentary tickets for your family and friends
• Free onsite parking
• Discounts on food, accommodation, and retail products
• Plus, length of service-related benefits which include a company health plan and additional annual leave.
• A great working environment.
Working hours are 40 hours per week, worked five days out of seven.
A reliable mode of transport is recommended due to our remote location. All applicants must have right to work in the UK.
To apply: Please use the form below or email a CV along with a covering email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to: Human Resources, Port Lympne Reserve, Lympne, Kent, CT21 4PD.