Will you go the extra mile for Djala?
Take up the One Mile Challenge to support gorilllas going back to the wild. You can do your mile anywhere, anytime and anyway you would like!
Djala is on a journey back to the wild that saw him leave from Port Lympne Wild Animal Park to a protected area of the wild in Africa.
For more information about Djala, his family group, and their journey home, please click here.
Their journey has already taken Djala 3,500 miles.
We would like the combined distance of all those taking part in One Mile Challenge to match the distance the gorillas will be travelling on their journey home... 3,500 miles.
So do please take part in the challenge, and recruit some friends and family to complete their One Mile Challenge also!
Help support their journey by completing your one mile (or more if you would like to!) and raising £20 per mile as part of your challenge. Click here to set up your Virgin Money Fundraising Page
You can run it, walk it, swim it, scoot it, bounce it, cycle it.... Anything you wish!
Join the growing list of people helping to send Djala home
1.Decide on a date and the way you are going to complete your mile (or more!). Set up your own fundraising page on Virgin Money Giving. Click here to start fundraising today first select 'start fundraising' then select 'personal challenge' and call it 'One Mile Challenge'. Don't forget to send the link to all your contacts to drum up support for your challenge.
2. If you would prefer to, you can download a sponsorship form for people to fill out. Click here to download a sponsorship form.
Now just tell all your friends and family what you are doing and why you are doing it, and try to raise as much as you can from your One Mile Challenge to support Djala on his journey back to the wild!
If you have any questions please call the Fundraising Team on 01303 234 199 ( 9am to 5pm weekdays) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Any person that raises £30 or more as part of this challenge will receive a complimentary one day ticket to either Port Lympne Reserve or Howletts Wild Animal Park!
Sending in your money
If you are collecting your money on Virgin Money Giving, it will make its way directly to us.
If you are collecting your money using a sponsorship form, as soon as you have all your money please send it to us as quickly as you can.
Please make cheques payable to The Aspinall Foundation and send them to:
One Mile Challenge
The Aspinall Foundation,
Be sure to include a note that it is for the One Mile Challenge so we know exactly how much we have raised.
Interesting one mile facts...
- One mile is also 5,280 feet, 1,760 yards and 1,609 metres
- One mile is 2,000 steps (for the average height person!)
- One mile is just over four laps around a running track
- One mile is 64.5 lengths of a 25m swimming pool
- Ben Nevis is the tallest mountain in the UK, but it is less than one mile high. It stands at 1,344 metres
- If you climbed the Eiffel Tower five times, you would have climbed one mile of steps...
- The current world record for running one mile is: for men; 3:43.13 set by Hicham El Guerrouj,1999, and for women;4:12.56 set by Svetlana Masterkova,1996. Can you run quicker than that?